The Shelby Community Foundation (SCF) was founded in 1996. It is a tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) community corporation created by and for the people of Shelby Township, Michigan.
The purpose of the Shelby Community Foundation is to serve as an instrument to channel donations from local businesses and individuals to the needs of the community.
The Foundation is guided by its mission statement: to enhance and enrich the quality of life and community livability for citizens of the Charter Township of Shelby by providing resources to support initiatives not normally funded through governmental sources.
We have given over $400,000 in grants including...
- 53 College Scholarships
- Shelby Township DARE Program
- Vision HOPE Summer Camp Program
- Destination Imagination
- Community CPR Program
- CARE Student Assist Program
- MCCSA Senior Chore Program
- St. Joseph Hospital Extension
- Talking Tobacco School Prevention Program
- Police Department Shred Day
- Annual Art Fair Award
- Shadbush 18th Century Cabin
- Utica/Shelby Kiwanis Bike Rodeo
- Macomb Family Services
- Shelby Township Library Concert Series
- Food for the Needy
- Hope Chapel Improvements
- MIPPS – Macomb Intermediate Preschool Program for Special Needs Children