The Shelby Community Foundation (SCF) was founded in 1996. It is an IRS 501(c)(3) and a Michigan Non-Profit Corporation created by and for the people of Shelby Township, Michigan.
The purpose of the Shelby Community Foundation is to serve as an instrument to channel donations from local businesses and individuals to the needs of the community. It holds endowed and non-endowed funds for this purpose.
The Foundation is guided by its mission statement: to enhance and enrich the quality of life and community livability for citizens of the Charter Township of Shelby by providing resources to support initiatives not normally funded through governmental sources.
We have given over $600,000 in grants including:
- 53 College Scholarships
- Shelby Township DARE Program
- Vision HOPE Summer Camp Program
- Destination Imagination
- Community CPR Program
- CARE Student Assist Program
- MCCSA Senior Chore Program
- St. Joseph Hospital Extension
- Talking Tobacco School Prevention Program
- Police Department Shred Day
- Annual Art Fair "Best of Show" Award
- Burgess Shadbush Nature Center
- Macomb Family Services
- Shelby Township Library
- Hope Chapel Improvements
- Interfaith Caregivers
- MIPPS – Macomb Intermediate Preschool Program for Special Needs Children
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Compassion Pregnancy