A non-endowed fund can be established by a Community Foundation. Unlike an endowment fund, the principal and the earnings can be granted for charitable needs.
The Shelby Community Foundation has established this Non-Endowed Fund:
- Women’s Fund – supports programs to help women and children.
People and organizations in our community have established these Non-Endowed Funds:
- Charles B. McLauglin Memorial Fund – established in Charles’s memory to help senior citizens remain in their homes as he did.
- Jamie’s Smiles Fund – donor advised fund supporting projects for children with special needs and their families.
- Detroit Sportmen’s Congress Scholarship Fund – provides scholarships within the DSC membership.
- Respite Center for Women Fund – provides a respite weekends for women undergoing cancer treatment.
- Friends of Foster Kids Fund – supports the needs of foster children and especially provides Christmas gifts.
- Stacey’s Serenity Fund – established in Stacey’s memory to assist those with depression.
- Shield Fund – donor advised fund for charitable needs and scholarships.
- WAAI Educational Fund – supports educational programs and scholarships for careers in the automotive field.
- Utica-Shelby Rotary Fund – supports various charitable causes including scholarships.
- C.O.P.P.E.R. Fund – funds equipment purchases and programs for the Shelby Township Police Department.
- Kids At Play Fund – funds the creation and building of playgrounds for children with special needs. The first playground will be at Whispering Woods Park in Shelby Township.