Currently you can continue to donate directly on this website to the Shelby Community Foundation Funds listed below.
Non-Endowed Funds – Principal and Earnings can be granted.
- Charles B. McLauglin Memorial Fund – established in Charles’s memory to help senior citizens remain in their homes as he did.
- Jamie’s Smiles Fund – donor advised fund supporting projects for children with special needs and their families.
- Detroit Sportmen’s Congress Scholarship Fund – provides scholarships within the DSC membership.
- Friends of Foster Kids Fund – supports the needs of foster children and especially Christmas gifts.
- C.O.P.P.E.R. Fund – funds equipment purchases and programs for the Shelby Township Police Department.
- Kids At Play Fund – funds the creation and building of playgrounds for children with special needs. The first playground was built in River Bends Park in Shelby Township.
Endowment Funds – A Permanent Fund; only Earnings can be granted.
- SCF Endowment Fund: used for general community needs, such as the Shelby Art Fair, Burgess Shadbush Nature Center, Shelby Township Library, Heritage Gardens, Science Olympiad, Samaritan House, Schools, Packard Proving Grounds, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Kiwanis Rodeo and more.
- Scholarship Endowment Fund: college and skilled training school scholarships to deserving high school seniors from Shelby Township.
- Healthy Futures Endowment Fund: funds projects for senior citizens and youth in Shelby Township. It has funded DARE programs, Senior Chore program, CPR programs, Science Olympiad, Destination Imagination, among others.
- Jamies Smiles Endowment Fund: provides funds to benefit children with special needs and their families.
- Jameson Bates Memorial Scholarship Fund: funds scholarships for students studying in the medical field.
- In Memory of John A. Brown Fund: assists individuals with competitive shooting costs.
- Shelby-Macomb Daybreakers Kiwanis Endowment Fund: provides “forever” funding for Kiwanis programs.