Shelby Community Foundation provides a number of services to donors or potential donors. You have the opportunity to donate directly to the Shelby Community Foundation Endowment Fund, the main source of funding for grants and scholarships that stay right in the local community. You may also set up a fund of your own.
A non-endowed fund can be established by a Community Foundation. Unlike an endowment fund, the principal and the earnings can be granted for charitable needs.
The Shelby Community Foundation has established this Non-Endowed Fund:
- Women’s Fund – supports programs to help women and children.
People and organizations in our community have established these Non-Endowed Funds:
- Charles B. McLauglin Memorial Fund – established in Charles’s memory to help senior citizens remain in their homes as he did.
- Jamie’s Smiles Fund – donor advised fund supporting projects for children with special needs and their families.
- Detroit Sportmen’s Congress Scholarship Fund – provides scholarships within the DSC membership.
- Respite Center for Women Fund – provides a respite weekends for women undergoing cancer treatment.
- Friends of Foster Kids Fund – supports the needs of foster children and especially provides Christmas gifts.
- Utica-Shelby Rotary Fund – supports various charitable causes including scholarships.
- C.O.P.P.E.R. Fund – funds equipment purchases and programs for the Shelby Township Police Department.
- Kids At Play Fund – funds the creation and building of playgrounds for children with special needs. The first playground will be at Whispering Woods Park in Shelby Township.
- COVID-19 Recovery Fund – provides financial support to non-profit organizations, serving the citizens of Shelby Township, to replenish depleted resources due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
An Endowment Fund is a permanent fund established by a Community Foundation. Only the income from the Endowment can be used; the principal of the fund cannot be touched. Endowment funds, therefore, enhance life in the Shelby Township Community and have a lasting effect now and for future generations. FOR GOOD, FOREVER!
The Shelby Community Foundation has established several Endowment Funds:
- SCF Endowment Fund: The SCF Endowment Fund is used for general community needs. The income from this fund helps operate the Foundation and has financed projects for the Shelby Art Fair, Burgess Shadbush Nature Center, the Shelby Township Library, Heritage Gardens and much more. Its use is wide-ranging.
- Scholarship Endowment Fund: This Endowment Fund provides college and skilled training school scholarships to deserving high school seniors from Shelby Township. Student applicants are considered using criteria in the areas of financial need, academic success, and community involvement.
- Healthy Futures Endowment Fund: This Endowment Fund focuses on funding projects for senior citizens and youth in Shelby Township. It has funded the DARE Program, the Senior Chore program, CPR programs, Science Olympiad, Destination Imagination, among others.
These Endowment Funds were established by people and organizations in our Community:
- Jamie’s Smiles Endowment Fund: Provides funds to benefit children with special needs and their families.
- Jameson Bates Memorial Scholarship Fund: Funds scholarships for students studying in the medical field.
- In Memory of John A. Brown Fund: Assists individuals with shooting competition costs.
- Shelby-Macomb Daybreakers Kiwanis Endowment Fund: Provides “forever” funding for Kiwanis programs.